Monday, September 21, 2009

Lara's First Post


Today is my first entry on our blog. Before I get started, I would like to thank Tim for doing such a fabulous job creating our blog and keeping it maintained thus far. His posts have been insightful, humorous and timely! Moving forward, I hope to be a more active blogger, so look for posts from both Tim and me.

Although it is now day five of our trip and we are literally on the train from Prague to Munich, I would like to back-track a little bit to fill all of you in on my experiences to date (then I will move on to Prague).

First, I will start with our plane ride over. We had a lovely ride to the DTW airport with my parents and Azzie, complete with Champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and something called Turkish Delight (not so delightful). The champagne and strawberries were a great way to start off our trip. Lots of hugs, kisses and tears later, we hopped on our plane for an uneventful trip from Detroit to Washington D.C. The D.C. to Vienna flight proved to be another story...

Within thirty minutes of take-off, a stewardess dumped a glass of red wine on the shorts that Tim planned on wearing for the next three months!! After about an hour in the lavatory, Tim came out looking like he had wet his pants; however, the wine stains were gone! Two days later, he decided to test his stain removal mastery again when he dumped coffee down the front of the same shorts. Thankfully, Tim is a really good stain remover, so his shorts are stain-free for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!